Knowledge Base: Tutorials
How do I point my domain to the 2MHost web server (change DNS)?
It's very important to point your domain name to our servers once your account is active. However, if we are your domain registrar, then we will do that step from our side.
To point your domain to our server, you need to use our DNS at your registrar website.
Find our DNS in the admin panel, as shown in the sample below:
Visit your domain registrar's website (the website where you bought your domain name) and look for "DNS managment, host names, etc.", and use our nameservers.
Below is a list of tutorials on how to point a domain that was bought from some common registrars:
- Updating DNS at 123-reg.co.uk
- Updating DNS at 1and1.com
- Updating DNS at Dotster.com
- Updating DNS at DynaDot.com
- Updating DNS at Enom.com
- Updating DNS at GoDaddy.com
- Updating DNS at Hover.com
- Updating DNS at Name.com
- Updating DNS at NameCheap.com
- Updating DNS at NameSilo.com
- Updating DNS at NetSol.com
- Updating DNS at Register.com
You can submit a ticket with your registrar login information and we will do that for you.
1. Using our DNS does not mean that 2mhost.com is your registrar now. You still need to renew your domain with your current registrar.
2. In most cases, DNS changes take effect after 24-48 hours.