New 2MHost admin area has arrived! We’ve been working hard for several months to refine the old admin area that was in production since 2006! and while we’re feeling great about our progress, there’s still even more to do.
Although the look of the admin area is "almost" the same, but admin area is re-built from scratch to be faster and more secure with a new architecture to plug more functions easily.
There are some changes we want to make sure that all clients are aware about:
- Password retrieval process aligned with web main stream, you no longer get your password sent by email, instead when you forgot your password, a link will be emailed to you to set a new password. This way your password can't be decrypted and no one but you can know it.
- Discount level now is giving discount in new orders starting from 1 point, if you host only one Personal+ account then you are eligible for %5 discount in your next hosting order, in the past, you had to host 5 website to be able to get any discount.
- Now you can check if your IP is blocked in firewall and attempt to unblock it.
- Renewal notifications are now organized and became more reliable, you can read more about the new renewal notifications schedule here.
- All new, renew and upgrade hosting orders are now processed automatically and instantly, there are no more "pending orders" unless your payment is pending at payment gateways.
- Live chat is dropped, after many years of offering live chat support, we believe that this method is not the best way to offer technical support for web hosting. Right now the only way to offer technical support will be using helpdesk tickets.
We still have more work to do, including some new services to introduce, but we’re incredibly excited about this release. Let us get your feedback and we’ll do our best to keep up with you all.